Friday, July 24, 2009

Give and Ye Shall Receive...




Give and Ye Shall Receive...recipes.
A bountiful harvest of basil has me busy searching for new taste experiments. Pesto is a staple in my diet, but I cannot live on pesto alone. So, I am sharing my pesto recipe in the hope that what goes around will come around with delicious results! Here goes...




BASIL PESTO
3/4 cup Parmesan and or Romano cheese (I use both 2/1 ratio of P to R)
4 tblspn Pine nuts, roasted or browned in butter, cooled.
3 tblspn Butter, unsalted
3 tsp Garlic, minced
3/4 cup Olive oil
3 cups Basil leaves, rinsed, dried, destemmed
Fresh pepper to taste

Assemble all ingredients. Place cheeses and pine nuts in food processor and grind. Add remaining items and process until smooth. Pour over hot pasta of your choice with shredded Parmesan or Romano to taste. Rub on chicken before roasting. Spread on slices of french bread and toast in oven.
I usually make multiple batches and freeze in ice cubes trays. Once frozen, seal in airtight container and store in freezer-duh. Nothing like fresh pesto on those long, cold winter evenings when a taste of my summer garden is like therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment